If you want to start tiling by yourself, you will save lots of money and you will be sure that you will do it in the right way. However, you have to learn some basic things first. It is not hard but you will need to take care of some things first. Here you will find ten useful tips of a perfect tiling.
1. First you have to plan your job. Be sure that you have all the materials that you need, you want to go out to buy tile cutting tools after you have made a whole bucket with adhesive. By the time you come back, you will need a new bucket and a new bag of adhesive.
2. Have some fun before you start tiling. Men love to demolish things. You can start by demolishing your old tiles. With a screwdriver and a hammer, you will finish the job quickly. With will be a lot of dust so keep your windows open.
3. Buy more ceramic than you need. You have to be skilled in order not to break any tiles using a tile cutting saw, and if you don’t want to mix ceramic with stone you should consider to buy at least one extra package.
4. Take care of your knees. You will spend a large amount of time on your knees and they will start hurting you. You do not want this thing to happen so it is better to prevent it. You should buy a pair of knee pads.
5. Ask someone to help you. Even though it might look like a simple job, after a while you will think that you will never finish it. Let’s face it, it is not a fun job. Painting it might be fun, but tiling not. You can ask one of your friends to help you, even to support you and to give his opinion. You do not have to pay him – a beer will be enough.
6. Take your time and do not rush it. Even one tile if is not properly glued or it is misplaced it can ruin all your work. It is very difficult to remove it after you fixed it. You will lose a lot of time.
7. Find the proper adhesive, grout and spacers. If you are planning to tile your bathroom, for example you will need water-resistant products.
8. Do not worry if you make mess. It is not hard to remove dry cement. After you will finish the job, with a bucket of water you can clean it in minutes. Trust me it will be a relief to see the entire place sparkling.
9. Choose your tile saw carefully. If it is a one-time job there is no need to buy one. You can rent it from a hardware store or even from a friend. Make sure that you have a quality diamond blade. It will ease your work and you will save many tiles.
10. Be careful at cutting curves and making holes. You need practice to make perfect curves. Try to cut a tile more times, bit by bit until it fits the place properly. This way it will look nice and you will not have to cut a new tile because the last one is too big.
The author writes for several websites, including a site about wet tile saws [http://tilewetsaw.net], where you will find helpful tiling tips [http://tilewetsaw.net/ten-tips-for-tiling-like-a-pro] and discount prices on tile saws.