As an independent wood construction consultant, I am asked many times WHY one should go into the hassle of constructing a wooden shed in their garden? It’s difficult to give a precise and concrete answer as the reasons will vary from person to person and from place to place. Therefore I decided to prepare a shortlist of the 10 most used reasons why somebody should build their own wooden shed:
- It’s really fun to do
- The newly build wooden shed greatly improves the value of your home
- It’s much cheaper to construct yourself than buying a ready build wooden shed
- If you build yourself, you can adapt your shed plan exactly to your specific needs and wishes
- If you do the project together with your kids it’s a great “family bond building” undertaking
- It really is not difficult if you have the proper shed design and building plan
- You can build a wooden shed for almost every possible use you need, be it a garden shed, a boat shed, garden tools shed, extra office room or whatever you want.
- Everything you made yourself will feel you much more proud than anything you bought ready-made
- You can adapt the style of your shed to the style of your house
- You yourself will select which materials or timber you will use, enabling you to buy specifically certified “green wood” for environmental reasons
These reasons are just a sample of the many benefits building yourself a wooden shed will give to you. I hope these will motivate many more people to decide to do so.
I know so many people who build their own wooden shed and almost without exception, all are very proud of what they build. But, on the other hand, many more people won’t even consider thinking about constructing something themselves. It seems we are living in a world where everybody only values things ready-made and bought in shops or stores. We forgot about the pleasures it brings to prepare, design and then actually construct things ourselves.
- Then there are also the people who are thinking about constructing their wooden shed but are afraid to do so. The reasons might be manifold such as:
- They have never ever constructed anything themselves
- They feel they don’t have the skills to do so
- They think it is too difficult or complicated to build themselves a wooden shed
- They are afraid they are not being able to pull of the project themselves and will end up buying a ready-made shed anyway
- They lack the confidence to involve themselves in a project like this
- Or, maybe they are confident enough, but their family members, neighbors and / or friends are discouraging them!
If, however, you take a clear and objective look at the reasons why people decided to construct themselves a wooden shed and the reasons why people don’t try to build their wooden shed the conclusion is easy:
It really is possible, feasible, fun and economical to build your own shed!
Many people have done so and certainly they aren’t all wood-working experts or professionals. People of all ages and professions successfully build their own wooden shed and are extremely proud of it!
Best of luck with your construction!
Independent Wooden Constructions consultant,
Specialized in the design, building and maintenance of wooden garden sheds.
More information like this about building your perfect wooden garden shed can be found at our specialized blog [http://www.best-sheds-plans.com/articles/] you’ll love, and also this one to obtain the best sheds plans [http://www.best-sheds-plans.com] available on the Internet!